DRIP Irrigation Rebate
D.R.I.P - Demonstrate Responsible Irrigation Practices Rebate
Don’t let money trickle away with your irrigation system! Through the City of Columbia’s D.R.I.P. program, customers will learn irrigation best practices, get advice on efficient irrigation appliances, and receive rebates for their efficiency upgrades.
Did you know?
- U.S. residential outdoor water fixtures use nearly nine billion gallons of water each day, mostly through landscape irrigation systems. According to the EPA, 50% of water is wasted through evaporation, wind, runoff and overwatering caused by inefficiencies in irrigation methods and systems.
- Columbia Water & Light offers an educational evaluation to help you learn how to get the best from your irrigation system, conserving water and saving money without compromising the allure of your yard.
Items eligible for a rebate
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers (WBIC): WBIC controllers connect to current weather data to properly adapt irrigation schedules. WBIC can also take into account type of grass or plants and soil type. Replacing a standard clock timer with a WaterSense labeled irrigation controller can save an average home nearly 7,600 gallons of water annually. Available Rebate: $25 per zone up to $150.
- Rain Sensors: Irrigation rain sensors are a great device to increase your water efficiency efforts. This device can be installed anywhere on your home where rain water would be most accessible. Rain sensors can be installed to your existing irrigation controller or enhance your new WBIC controller. Available Rebate: up to $50.
- High Efficiency (HE) Nozzles: Nozzles are a great way to conserve water and save money. HE nozzles have a slow application rate that evenly distributes water throughout the irrigated area. This increased efficiency results in 30% less water use when compared to traditional sprays. These nozzles are affordable and low maintenance. Available Rebate: $5 per nozzle (minimum of six).
- Contact your current irrigation provider to install eligible upgrades. All products must be WaterSense certified. Use the opens in a new windowWaterSense product search tool to find the right products.
- Download the DRIP Irrigation rebate form. Submit application online to Info@ColumbiaPowerPartners.com; or print and mail the form to: City of Columbia Utility Services, 4th floor 701 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO 65205. *Please submit receipts and/or invoices along with the rebate application within six months of purchase.
- An efficiency technician will schedule a time to verify the installment. The rebate typically arrives within 6 weeks after verification has been completed.