Efficient Flush Rebate
Efficient flush is a must
The City of Columbia offers multiple water conservation programs for indoor and outdoor use. Our mission is to help customers spend less and minimize stress on our water distribution system at peak demand. With your help we could save 5MGD with water conservation efforts.
Did you know?
- By replacing old, inefficient toilets with opens in a new windowWaterSense labeled models, the average family can reduce water used for toilets by 20 to 60 percent – that’s nearly 13,000 gallons of water savings every year! That’s over $140 per year in water costs, and $2,900 over the lifetime of the toilets.
- Recent advancements have allowed toilets to use 1.28 gallons per flush or less while still providing equal or superior performance compared to older models, which require over 3 gallons per flush. This is 20 percent less water than the current federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush. The opens in a new windowWaterSense labels used on toilets are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency.
- Keep your receipts and invoices from your toilet purchases and installation. You will need to provide documentation of costs incurred and documentation that the toilet is opens in a new windowWaterSense Certified or has a 1.28 GPF rating or less. See Toilet Rebate Steps below for details on how to submit documentation.
- You will need to know the year of your toilet or the GPF (gallons per flush) to complete the application. Toilet information is typically found behind the seat hinge on the bowl. If you don’t see the GPF label, lift the tank lid and check the inside back of the toilet tank for the manufacturer’s date stamp. Use the chart below to determine your toilet’s flush volume (GPF). If you are having trouble locating the GPF or date stamp, feel free to contact our office at 573.441.5528 to get more help with locating your toilet information.
Toilet rebate steps
- Replace your toilet with any WaterSense Certified toilet. You can view your options online with the opens in a new windowWaterSense Product Search tool.
- Submit a rebate application. You can submit the form online by going to the opens in a new windowEfficient Flush rebate form; or download a PDF of the opens in a new windowEfficient Flush rebate form and submit it by email ( opens in a new windowinfo@ColumbiaPowerPartners.comcreate new email) or mail it to City of Columbia Utility Services, Energy Efficiency, 4th floor, 701 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO 65205.
- Provide documentation of costs incurred to install and purchase your efficient toilet. Documentation can be provided by one of the following methods: attaching copies to the online opens in a new windowEfficient Flush rebate form; showing your receipt to the efficiency technician when he/she visits your property to verify installation; emailing receipt copies to opens in a new windowinfo@ColumbiaPowerPartners.comcreate new email; or mailing receipt copies to City of Columbia Utility Services, 4th floor, 701 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO 65205.
- An efficiency technician will be in touch to schedule a time to verify the installment. The rebate will arrive in 6-8 weeks after the verification has been completed and all paperwork has been received.
Residential rebate info
Rebates over 50% of the installation cost* up to $75. There is a maximum of two toilets per household.
Commercial rebate info
Rebates over 50% of the installation cost*, up to $100. Maximum of four toilets per address. Pre- installation inspection required to do more than the max.
*The total installation cost should include the price of a qualifying toilet tank, bowl, installation hardware, wax ring, and installation cost incurred by a licensed plumber