Efficient Flush Rebate
Efficient flush is a must
The City of Columbia offers multiple water conservation programs for indoor and outdoor use. Our mission is to help customers spend less and minimize stress on our water distribution system at peak demand. With your help we could save 5MGD with water conservation efforts.
Did you know?
- By replacing old, inefficient toilets with WaterSense labeled models, the average family can reduce water used for toilets by 20 to 60 percent – that’s nearly 13,000 gallons of water savings every year! That’s over $140 per year in water costs, and $2,900 over the lifetime of the toilets.
- Recent advancements have allowed toilets to use 1.28 gallons per flush or less while still providing equal or superior performance compared to older models, which require over 3 gallons per flush. This is 20 percent less water than the current federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush. The WaterSense labels used on toilets are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency.
- Please submit receipts and/or invoices along with the rebate application.
- You will need to know the year of your toilet or the GPF (gallons per flush) to complete the application. Toilet information is typically found behind the seat hinge on the bowl. If you don’t see the GPF label, lift the tank lid and check the inside back of the toilet tank for the manufacturer’s date stamp. Use the chart below to determine your toilet’s flush volume (GPF). If you are having trouble locating the GPF or date stamp, feel free to contact our office at 573.441.5528 to get more help with locating your toilet information.
Toilet rebate in three easy steps
- Replace your toilet with any WaterSense Certified toilet. You can view your options online with the opens in a new windowWaterSense Product Search tool.
- Download the toilet rebate form. Submit form online to Info@ColumbiaPowerPartners.com; or print and mail the form to: City of Columbia Utility Services, 4th floor, 701 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO 65205 .
- An efficiency technician will be in touch to schedule a time to verify the installment. The rebate will arrive in 6-8 weeks after the verification has been completed and all paperwork has been received.
Residential rebate info
Rebate over 50% of the installation cost up to $75. There is a maximum of two toilets per household.
Commercial rebate info
Rebates over 50% of the installation cost, up to $100. Maximum of four toilets per address. Pre- installation inspection required to do more than the max.