Summer 2019 hours:
May 7- August 29 (while supplies last)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To help you save energy and money, Columbia Water & Light and the Voluntary Action Center are offering an exchange program where you can replace your older, inefficient unit with a new one for FREE for income qualified electric customers during the summer.
- Be a current Columbia Water & Light electric customer
- Have an older less efficient and/or broken window unit to exchange
- Have an annual income at or below 200% of the poverty level
- Participants in the 2018 program are not eligible again in 2019
If you meet the above criteria and want a new window air conditioning unit, please call the Voluntary Action Center. There are a limited number of units to exchange so it is important to call before bringing in an older unit to exchange. The units being provided are rated at 8,000 BTUs.
Voluntary Action Center
403A Vandiver Drive, Columbia, Missouri
Reminder: call 573-874-2273 before bringing your older unit in to confirm eligibility and availability.
total income cannot exceed the 200% federal poverty income level
|Household size||Annual Gross Income Limit||Monthly Gross Income Limit|
|Add for each additional person||$8,840||$737|
You must bring in the following items to participate:
- An older, inefficient window air conditioner to exchange
- Proof of your current physical Boone County Address (ID’s or leases will not be accepted)
- Identification for everyone at your address (originals…no copies)
- Proof of all income for everyone at your address (including Food Stamps and TANF)
- Current utility bill for your address