Commercial Energy Audit
What Is an Energy Audit?
Our free evaluation of your business will provide energy and water efficiency tips specific for your location. This program ensures that you will receive an unbiased review of habits, equipment, and structure issues so you can make informed decisions as to where your conservation efforts will reap the highest returns.
What Happens During an Energy Audit?
Our Energy Audit program is the first line of defense to saving resources and money. Onsite visits last about an hour to an hour and a half. Your visit includes:
- A review of your electric and water consumption history;
- An interior and exterior onsite evaluation;
- Strategies to lower your usage;
- Landscaping tips for keeping your building cool;
- Eligibility for other Columbia Water and Light conservation programs;
If you have asked yourself any of these questions, but didn’t know the answer, you need an Energy Audit:
- What new technologies are available to save energy?
- Are my HVAC and other major systems efficient, and are they running properly?
Am I Eligible?
All Water and Light customers are eligible.
Why Does Columbia Water and Light Offer This Service for Free?
Columbia Water and Light started the Energy Audit program in 1979 as a tool for our citizens to fight the energy crisis. Since that time the utility has added many more programs to help you conserve. Columbia Water and Light encourages efficient use of water and electricity because it can make a big difference for all of us. For you, the immediate benefit is lower costs. For the community, it means more resources and a cleaner environment for years to come.
Do I Need to Be There During the Audit?